I am a noob baker. This recipe from Cuisine Paradise is fail-proof. Had great success with it!
5 Eggs Yolks
80g Cake Flour
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
20g Caster Sugar
40ml Corn Oil
80ml Coconut Cream / Fresh Milk
3 Bunch Pandan Leave (about 40 leaves)
1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
5 Egg Whites
80g Caster Sugar
1. Rinse and cut pandan leave into 2cm pieces turn blend it together with coconut milk to obtain 80ml of pandan coconut juice.
2. Using a hand whisk, beat egg yolks and sugar till creamy then stir in corn oil, pandan coconut juice and sieved cake flour in sequence until it forms a thick batter.
3. Whisk egg white using a hand held beater till foamy before adding in the sugar mixture (sugar + cornflour) and beat till stiff peak form.
4. Divide meringue into 3 portions and fold gently into yolk batter without deflating the air in it.
5. Pour batter into 20cm chiffon tin, give it a bang on the table to release air bubbles in the batter.
6. Baked in preheated 160°c / 320°F oven for 43-45 minutes.
7. When out of oven, immediately invert the pan over a mug and let it cool completely before removing the cake from the tin and slice and serve.