I think I’ve finally formulated a wonderful recipe for this.
This is my own creation! Here goes!
Half a packet of San Remo spaghetti
4 tbsp good quality extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp chopped shallots
2 tbsp chopped garlic
Red Pepper chilli flakes
1 cut chilli padi
- Cook spaghetti according to instructions, I add more salt and remove it from heat at around 5 mins. Reserve the leftover boiling water.
- Heat up 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil with high heat and place prawns into pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper and flip the prawns and repeat with salt and pepper on the other side. Remove from pan once done.
- Add the last 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil into pan and stir fry shallots and garlic till fragrant and a little crisp and brown.
- Add spaghetti into pan and toss to mix. Add around 1 cup of reserved pasta water to the pan and let it boil and evaporate, all the while tossing the spaghetti.
- Add prawns, chilli flakes and chilli padi and toss everything together.