Found out that my little monster (aka my daughter) has a love for soups (and also hates her greens, argh), so decided to experiment cooking vegetable soups to make her drink up her vitamins and minerals. This one looks good and will try it soon.
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- 4 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 heads broccoli, florets separated and stems chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
Prep 15 m
Cook 10 m
Ready In 25 m Serves 4
- Top each toast slice with Cheddar cheese. Melt cheese with a kitchen torch until bubbling and golden, 30 seconds.
- Melt butter in a pot over high heat. Cook and stir garlic in hot butter until fragrant and sizzling, about 15 seconds. Add stock to pot and bring to a boil. Stir broccoli into stock, pushing broccoli down into liquid; return to a boil and cook until broccoli is tender, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Puree broccoli mixture using an immersion blender until soup is smooth.
- Stir cream, cayenne pepper, and salt into soup; puree with immersion blender again until smooth, about 30 seconds. Ladle soup into bowls and top with cheese toast.