I’ve been trying lemongrass chicken mishmash recipes from here and there and I made one version of it today for dinner. Here’s the recipe:
2 boneless chicken thighs,cubed
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup lemongrass pounded finely
3 chilli padi (remove seeds if you can’t take spicy food)
1 cup of water
- Marinate the chicken with the fish sauce, turmeric powder, brown sugar, light soy sauce, chilli and half of the lemongrass for about 20 minutes.
- Heat up some oil and fry the remaining lemongrass till fragrant.
- Add in chicken pieces and turn only after a minute.
- Add in the cup of water, lower heat, and cover pan with lid. Allow chicken to simmer for 15 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- Once the sauce has thickened, it is time to remove from heat and serve!