Felt inspired to cook an oyster sauce chicken dish over the weekend and did a quick search. Found this recipe and it really was delicious! Quick and simple to cook and serve, you’ll just need to marinate the meat in advance in order for it to be more flavourful. It was so good, I didn’t have chance to take a picture of this dish and it was gone..
3 chicken thigh, chopped
6 sliced ginger
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp sesame oil
4 chinese mushroom, soak with 300ml water
8 brown mushroom, cut into quarter
Spring onion, for garnish
2tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp rice wine
250ml mushroom water from soaking the mushrooms
1/2 tsp chicken powder
1/2 tsp soya sauce
1/2 tsp dark sauce
1. Marinate the chicken with the marinate for 30mins.
2. After soaking the chinese mushroom till soft, cut into slices. Do not throw away the water. Drain the water to another bowl.
3. Heat sesame oil on wok then fry ginger and garlic till fragrant
4. Add in the marinated chicken and stir fry till the meat turn white.
5. Add in the mushrooms and stir fry.
6. Mix the sauce in a bowl. Then pour into the wok and let it boil. Once boil, turn the heat to low and let it simmer till the sauce reduce to half.
7. Sprinkle spring onion and give few light stir. Off heat and serve