Another one of those experiments with random online recipes and found this fantastic one from noobcook (I love noobcook.com!) Copying the recipe here for future reference!
- 50 grams minced pork
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp taucheo/salted soya beans (aka dou jiang, 豆酱)
- 1 tsp dried fermented black beans rinsed, patted dry & mashed slightly with a fork
- 2 chilli padi sliced thinly; to taste
- cornstarch solution mix 1 tbsp water with 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 150 grams firm Chinese tofu cubed
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- a few dashes white pepper powder
(B) Seasoning (mix well in a small cup)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- In a bowl, marinade minced pork with (A) for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok and add the garlic, taucheo, fermented black beans and chilli. Stir fry for 30 seconds until aromatic.
- Add the marinated meat and stir fry until no longer pink, breaking the meat up to smaller bits using the spatula or turner.
- Add seasoning (B). Bring to a boil. Gently add beancurd cubes and simmer over low heat for 3 minutes, taking care not to break the tofu cubes.
- Thicken with cornstarch solution and garnish with chopped spring onions.