I’m so eager to try this recipe next week after all my success with all the tofu dishes I’ve tried doing this week.
Saving it here for future reference!
tube of silken egg tofu, cut into 1 cm discs
oil for frying
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1.5 cups of stock
2 tbs of oyster sauce
1 tbs of light soy
1 tsp of sesame oil
dash of white pepper
6 prawns, peeled reserving tails, deveined
1/2 a cup of frozen peas, thawed
2 spring onions, sliced
corn flour solution
1. Shallow fry tofu until golden, drained well and set aside.
2. Saute garlic with a little oil then add stock and seasonings, bring it to a boil.
3. Add tofu and peas and cook for a minute.
4. Add prawns and cook for a further minute before thickening the sauce with a little corn flour solution. When the sauce thicken, break in an egg and stir it through the sauce before adding the spring onions.
5. Fill a large bowl with steamed rice and pour the content of wok over.