Have been wanting to try cooking this evergreen dish at home and found this recipe. Tried it today and I gotta say, it is pretty darn good.
SWEET & SOUR PORK RECIPE
Preparation time : 15 minutes. Ready from the Airfryer : 20 minutes. Preparation of sauce : 10 minutes. Serves 4.
– 300grams pork (preferably a little fatty or shoulder butt portion or those already labelled for cooking sweet & sour pork. If you live around a wet market, just tell the wet market butcher what you are cooking and he will probably give you the perfect cut for this dish!)
Cut the pork into bite size cubes and marinade pepper, 2 dashes of maggi seasoning, 1 tsp of light soya sauce, a dash of sesame oil and leave it in the fridge for a few hours for the flavors to immense the meat.
– 1 serving slice of fresh pineapple, cut in cubes (This is optional. You can also use canned ones)
– 1 medium size onion, sliced
– 1 medium size tomato, cut in cubes
– 1 tbsp minced garlic
– 2 tbsp oyster sauce
– 2 tbsp of tomato sauce
– 1 tbsp of worchestire sauce
– sugar to taste
– plain flour
– 1 egg
– heat up the Philip Avance Airfryer at 120 degrees for 5 mins
– When ready, dip pork in egg and then coat with plain flour.
– Dust off any excess flour on the pork before placing into the frying basket.
– Set timer to 20 minutes.
– When it’s done, set the meat aside to prepare the sauce.
Preparation of sauce :
– with about a tsp of oil, fry garlic and onions till fragrant before adding tomatoes, pineapple
– add the oyster sauce, tomato sauce, worchestire sauce and stir
– add the cornflour and water to the sauce to thicken
– add the cooked pork cubes into the pan and coat it well with the sauce
– add sugar to taste, ensuring there’s enough of the ‘sweet’ to the sourness of the sauce