Here’s a recipe that I’ve come up with on my own, after trying countless times to make spaghetti on my own. its full of shortcuts but its good enough for me.
- 200g of beef
- about 5 tablespoons of bread crumbs
- any type of steak seasoning you have, OR simply pepper and salt
(B) Spaghetti sauce
I don’t make my sauce from scratch, even though I’ve tried (its too much work!). Will upload the recipe some other time. I use Prego’s Traditional Sauce, and add in maybe 2 cubed tomatoes, and some tomato paste if I’m in the mood for a more sour sauce. I would also add in any mushrooms if I was in the mood, into the sauce.
- half a packet of any instant spaghetti
- Prepare the meatballs first. Mix everything up in a bowl, and shape into small balls (I prefer the meatballs to be bite-sized for my daughter to eat). Set meatballs aside.
- Put the spaghetti into a pot of boiling (slightly) salted water. Put a little olive oil and stir spaghetti around so as to prevent them from sticking together. Leave to boil gently till al dente.
- Saute a bit of mashed garlic and some mushrooms in a pot if you want them in your sauce.
- Put the spaghetti sauce into the same pot and heat it up. Add in tomatoes, let it simmer gently. Add in cheese if you want!
- Now, heat up a non-stick pan and drizzle a little olive oil in it. It should be on medium-low heat. Put in meatballs one by one. Be sure to turn them quickly to prevent them from going out of shape. This normally takes about 7-10 minutes.
- Once meatballs are brown, take them out and drain the oil before putting meatballs into the sauce.
- Place cooked spaghetti on a plate, any amount of spaghetti sauce over it, and there’s dinner served!