Another one of those surprisingly delicious dishes that I’ve tried and tested.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon 五香粉 five spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- Marinate both chicken breasts with all the condiments. Set aside for about 1/2 hour to marinate, and go about preparing other dishes first.
- Drain the marinade from the chicken pieces and set it aside.
- Pan fry the chicken in a medium heat pan with a drizzle of oil. Cover the pan with a lid for about a minute before flipping the chicken and covering again for another minute.
- Make sure both sides are slightly brown, pour in the marinade. Cover the pan, gradually turn up the heat to lessen the sauce. Takes about 2 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan, cut to check that it is thoroughly cooked, cut into slices to serve.
- Drizzle the sauce on the chicken slices. Add diced canned peaches if desired.