Tried this recipe once and loved it! Recipe from wokkingmum.
- 600g Clams, cleaned
- 3 Shallot, chopped
- 4 clove Garlic, chopped
- 2 fresh red chilli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Miso
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cooking Wine
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Cornstarch mixture (thickener)
How to do it:
- Soak clams in salted water for 20 mins to let it spit out the dirt.
- Drain and set aside.
- Mix miso, sugar and wine together and set aside.
- Heat oil in wok.
- Stir fry shallot, garlic and chilli till fragrant.
- Add in clams.
- Cover pan for 1/2 minute; shake pan.
- Open pan and add in the miso mixture; shake pan to mix well.
- Cover and continue cooking till all the clams are opened.
- Discard those that did not open.
- Gradually stir in cornflour mixture to thicken the sauce.