Found this recipe from noobcook.com. Gonna try it soon!
- 2 servings of pasta (about 160-180g spaghetti)
- 3 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 40g butter, divided
- 10 to 12 large prawns (US name: shrimps)
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced or chopped (not too finely)
- 2 chilli padi, sliced or 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 30g Italian flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1. Bring a pot of water with 1 tbsp sea salt to a boil. Cook pasta according to the timing indicated on the packet, until al dente. Drain and set aside the pasta, reserving some of the pasta water.
2. Remove the shells and veins from the prawns. Add the prawns heads and shells to a small pot with just enough water to cover them (I use about 150ml water), bring to a simmer for about 3-5 minutes to make prawn stock. Strain the stock and set aside.
3. Heat half the butter in a sauce pan. Cook the prawns on both sides and set aside.
4. Add olive oil to the sauce pan with the prawn juices and browned bits. When the oil is heated, add garlic and chilli padi/chilli flakes (if using). Saute till the garlic turns light brown.
5. Turn off the stove. The garlic will continue cooking in the hot oil on its own for a few more seconds in the hot oil, until they turn a lovely golden brown.6. Add cooked pasta, cooked prawns, about 2 tbsp of prawn stock, chopped parsley and remaining butter (cubed) to the garlic & oil mixture. Stir to coat all the ingredients evenly. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
1. If you are not making the prawns stock (Step 2), reserve some pasta water and add it in place of the prawn stock in the last step.