Tried cooking a recipe like this one. Got a different recipe to try in future from noobcook.
Recipe from Tung Lok Group’s cookbook, New Chinese Cuisine (Available at all Tung Lok restaurants and major bookstores), taken from here
- 6 prawns, shelled & deveined (use the freshest, biggest prawns you can find.)
– 1 egg white
vegetable oil for deep frying
– 3 tbsp cornflour
– 90ml mayonnaise
– 1 tbsp condensed milk
– 1 tsp wasabi powder (can put more if you want more wasabi kick)
– dash of lemon juice
– Ebbiko (prawn roe) or Tobiko (flying fish roe)
1. Dip the prawns in egg white, then coat evenly with cornflour.
2. Deep fry the prawns in 180C (356F) for about 3 minutes, until prawns turn crispy.
3. In a separate dish, combine the mayonnaise, condensed milk, wasabi powder and lemon juice.
4. Toss the deep-fried prawns with the wasabi mayo until evenly coated.
5. Garnish with ebbiko/tobiko and serve.